Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Facts are facts, but let's be sure

As some of you know, I've been on a mission to ensure that those emails that get forwarded, and forwarded, and forwarded are actually true before I send them along.

One of the most recent was a picture of Obama's press conference recently and the question was:

What is missing at Barack Hussein Obama's press conference?
No it is not the teleprompters. See the other president’s pics for a clue

The email then presented pictures of some presidents press conferences in which the American flag is visible behind the president.

The conclusion was drawn that this was some kind of anti-American statement on his part.



My response follows:

Although I agree that Obama is destroying our Republic, this is not exactly true.

See the following links:

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wing/press-briefing-room.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/pressconference.asp

I try to confirm these things before I pass them along.  I think if we spread information that is not accurate it takes our eyes and efforts off the really scary things that ARE happening.  It also makes us look like we will "believe anything" if it makes Obama look bad.

I made a pledge this January to research everything I pass on and confirm its reliability to the best of my abilities.  I actually believe that the opposition starts some of these emails in order to get us upset and focused on things that are not quite true so that we either miss what is truly important to pay attention to or begin not believing the true stuff when it comes along.  It's a behavioral technique and they use it with skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment